Skip to main content

Grateful Dead Live at Henry J Kaiser Convention Center on 1989-02-07

Audio Preview

etree
Grateful Dead Live at Henry J Kaiser Convention Center on 1989-02-07

Set 1

Hey Pocky Way, Jack Straw, Loser, Walkin' Blues, A Little Light, Standing On the Moon, Memphis Blues, Bird Song

Set 2

Iko Iko*, Victim Or The Crime, We Can Run But We Can't Hide, Uncle John's Band-> Drums-> Jam-> The Wheel-> Throwing Stones-> Foolish Heart-> Good Lovin', E: Knockin' On Heaven's Door

*heavy pre-Iko beat during parade

Collection GratefulDead
Band/Artist Grateful Dead
Venue Henry J Kaiser Convention Center
Location Oakland, CA

Source SBD -> Cassette Master (Sony TC-D5M/TDK MA-X90/Dolby B)
Lineage Cassette Master (Nakamichi DR-1/Dolby B) -> Sound Devices 744T (24bit/48k) -> Samplitude Professional v11.03 -> Adobe Audition v3.0 -> FLAC
Taped by Joani Walker and Paul Scotton
Transferred by Charlie Miller

Notes

Notes:
-- Set 2 disc change is seamless
-- Mardi Gras parade during Iko Iko
-- Thanks to Joani Walker and Paul Scotton for the tapes

comment
Reviews

Reviewer: c-freedom - favoritefavoritefavoritefavorite - February 8, 2016
Subject: We use to play for silver, now we play for GOLD
Set One
Hey Pocky Way-Good way to get things started.
Brent's influence so great 89/90
3 tunes from Mydland this show.
Jack Straw-A rockin' version!
>Loser-Old School! Moaning low
Walkin Blues-"leaving in the morning if I have to ride the blind"- "Casey said just before he died fix the blinds so that the bums can't ride if they ride let 'em ride the rods put their trust in the hands of God"
A Little Light- This is somewhat subdued version, by the time this rolled out on summer tour Brent was bringing down the house with this number.
Standing on the Moon- really like this in 1st set.
This tune in fine line of Hunter/Garcia ballads.
Memphis Blues- They overplayed this song if only considering just the tunes the Dead/Dylan played Summer of 87 and never broke out after that tour. --------Nice Space moment before Memphis!
Brent has got the organ going on.
Jerry singing backup for Weir.
Bobby sings w/o nasal whine makes it better tune.
Bird Song-Sweet end of set choice
You know folks talk about the intensity of the East Coast tours just imagine if the Dead had played something like that January 78 West Coast swing every year.
Decent Jam in the Bird Song!
Set Two
What a way to bring the AIKO, Aiko-- HEY NOW!!!
Victim-someone said perverse?
well how about SOBERING.
Talk about instant mood shift.
(a B.I.O.D.T.L. count before Bob's first lyrics.)
We Can Run-underwhelming after the VICTIM plunge.
Still this is a catchy tune and Garcia bringing the backing vocals doesn't hurt any.
>>>All express train until end of set>>>
>Uncle John's Band-(that's the ticket!)
>Drums>Space>The Wheel>Throwing Stones
>Foolish Heart-nice call instead of slow ballad
>Good Lovin'-"Got to have Love"
e) Knockin- There's our closing ballad.
info Stream Only
Stream playlist
( VBR )
In Collection
Grateful Dead
In Collection
Live Music Archive
Uploaded by
Matthew Vernon
on 4/9/2010
2,330
Favorites
SIMILAR ITEMS (based on metadata)
eye
Title
Date Archived
Creator
Grateful Dead
by Grateful Dead
etree
eye 5,277
favorite 11
comment 5
favoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 5 reviews )
Source: SBD -> Cassette Master (TDK MA-X90) D
Grateful Dead
by Grateful Dead
etree
eye 4,488
favorite 3
comment 2
favoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 2 reviews )
Source: SBD -> Cassette Master (Sony TC-D5M/Maxell MX90/Dolby B)
Grateful Dead
by Grateful Dead
etree
eye 8,616
favorite 9
comment 3
favoritefavoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 3 reviews )
Source: SBD -> Cassette Master (TDK MA-XG90)
Grateful Dead
by Grateful Dead
etree
eye 2,732
favorite 2
comment 3
favoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 3 reviews )
Source: SBD -> Cassette Master (Sony TC-D5M/Maxell MX90/Dolby B)
Grateful Dead
by Grateful Dead
etree
eye 1,597
favorite 2
comment 0
Source: SBD -> Cassette Master (Sony TC-D5M/Maxell MX90/Dolby B)
Grateful Dead
by Grateful Dead
etree
eye 1,195
favorite 1
comment 0
Source: SBD -> Cassette Master (Sony D5/Dolby B/TDK MA-R90)
Grateful Dead
by Grateful Dead
etree
eye 5,711
favorite 5
comment 3
favoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 3 reviews )
Source: SBD -> Cassette Master (TDK MA-XG90) D
Grateful Dead
by Grateful Dead
etree
eye 3,716
favorite 3
comment 1
favoritefavoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 1 reviews )
Source: SBD -> Cassette Master (Sony D5/TDK MA-R90)
Grateful Dead
by Grateful Dead
etree
eye 3,084
favorite 3
comment 3
favoritefavoritefavoritefavoritefavorite ( 3 reviews )
Source: SBD -> Cassette Master (Sony D5/Dolby B/TDK MA-R90)
Grateful Dead
by Grateful Dead
etree
eye 1,198
favorite 1
comment 0
Source: SBD -> Cassette Master (Nakamichi 550/Maxell XLIIS-90)